The Cyber Economy
Coming soon...Heres a preview
People use the word 'cryptoeconomy' or 'cyber economy' a lot. What does it mean? Is it a buzzword, or something big?
I think its big. In fact, if we personified it, would forsure be a real g moving in silence.
With crypto, you're essentially creating a level playing field. This switches up the rules of the game, and 90% of folks haven't realized this. Think Runescape, but with real money involved. This is big, and probably the pillars of what crypto establishes in the next ten years.
The coolest thing? We don't know the 'who, what, why, and when' this happens, but when it does, things are going to get real intersting.
The long tail is shown what they need, and the idea that 'crypto is freedom' is proven. boom.
I feel pretty good about this. This is not me speculating, trying to be an intellectual, or a gifted indvidual. Crypto in 2021 has shown us that it's here to stay, and April 14 was litty af.
Theres tons of stuff yet to be built out. We like the $COIN and all the top dogs who made this happen.
Wtf is the Cryptoeconomy?
The cryptoeconomy is one, global, digital marketplace for everything that you can think of.
- Steam secondary markets: CSGO skins, LOL, WoW ...
- Online forums: build reputation tagged to an account.
Steam markets are highly illiquid, prone to impersonations and hacks, and hard to appraise. The solution? Built a tiny ecosystem around traders.
- BitSkins.com / OPSkins manage a fleet of steam accounts (bots) to accept deposit of skins
- Gives rise to a managed marketplace, with payouts in fiat and crypto
- Find a medium of exchange. CS:GO doesn't have anything that can be pegged to $1 in a user's inventory. This led to bots where you could buy keys for $1.95- $2.05. A nice arb loop there.
- Steam reputation systems. Users commented on their counterparts
Rough consensus on how to measure reputation
- Reddit threads with confirmed buys/sells on r/GOTrade
- Steam profile '+reps', although spammable
- Escrow's / middlemen
- in game swag (??)
- Slashing mechanism
- Self fulfilling feedback loop
- Unified payment rails
Trades made by a user on a platform slowly increment their reputation.
Ethereum addresses / ENS names
Smart contract suite (exclusively on L2?)
agreed upon means of documenting a fradulent trade + reporting it. Proper consensus on who moderates disputes, and how they're resolved. Can we create a list of 'banned' addresses? Probably
Self fulfilling feedback loop
Obvious choices are to introduce a token and a DAO, align interests through them. However. I'd prefer starting off without a token and focus on PMF.
Unified payment rails
The cyber economy has been around for a while, in a fragmented state. Crypto has the opportunity to unify all of the cyber economy.